[ERH Society] short piece of ERH and the 'generational covenant'

Lise van der Molen lisevandermolen at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 11 10:34:58 EST 2017

Dear members,

The theme of the generations  is an ongoing and central theme  in the work of Eugen Rosenstock-Huessy. I want you to look up The Origin of Speech p.78 and I am an impure thinker Chapter 6 The twelf tones of the spirit (cf. Im Kreuz der Wirklichkeit Bd. 2 S. 62 - 100, formerly Bd. 2  S. 57 - 91. See also Bibliography p. 130: Eine Generation ist nicht geschichtsmächtig. To be of one generation is to be without past and future and without the power from and unto history. There is a poem of Eugen: Bring uns um, wir kehren wieder, nur der Zeitgeist schlägt Gott nieder (kill us, we return, the spirit of one age (generation) is by God defeated).  In the first section I noted you find the Cotton Mather quote in which he feared that the US would be a res unius aetatis, at which of course the French Revolution aimed in its stress on the individual. He is on his own in hell.

Don't stay alone! Yours,

                                          Lise van der Molen