[ERH Society] Seeking information about ERH and Herman Hesse

Ray Huessy rhuessy at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 15:33:38 EDT 2015

Douglas:

Hermann Hesse pops up several times in the *Soziologie, *as an example of
modernity. I think it's safe to say that he honored Hesse as he honored
Marx, Freud, Darwin, and Nietzsche, his four "dysangelists." He was careful
to separate the achievements of many such titans from the impact of their
thinking and from the acts of their followers.

The interesting references to Hess are on pages 262, 422, and 739 of the
*Soziologie*--at least on the DVD. There is also one example of a magazine
publication of "Hegel und unsere Geschlecht" that comes up when you search
for Hesse, but it's only the fact that Hesse wrote the article that
immediately precedes ERH's, so Hesse's "signature" comes right before ERH's
title.

That's all I could find on first blush.

rh

Raymond Huessy
111 River Road South
Putney, VT  05346-8709

rhuessy at gmail.com

802-387-3003 [home]
802-451-6486 [cell]
No answer at either number?  try 802-257-4831

許雷蒙